Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bird Punch Poinsettia Card

Thinking out of the box! I love our punches because they can be used for so much more than the original design intent. This poinsettia can be made out of the bird punch. I punched 7 birds in real red and seven in garden green. I also punched a 5 petal flower out of red. Next, I sponged the edges in chocolate chip classic ink. I layered everything together and attached the flower with a glitter brad from the basics collection. I added a bit of dimension to the flower by scoring the centers of the petals and bending them slightly upward before I added it to the bird layers. I layered  red and white cardstock which I also sponged with chocolate chip. The words come fromSeasonal Sentiments. This is a beautiful card!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Its only a small word but it sure relays a lot of meaning. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful flower. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...