Sunday, April 17, 2011

Season of Friendship

I think I am going daffodil crazy. All of a sudden it is my favorite color. The base of this card is a fun fold. You start with a regular card size. Score it at 1 and 61/2 from the bottom edge. Then cut  between these two score lines at 1 from each side edge. Just above the bottom score line score again at 2 but only on the two outside pieces. Then score the inside piece at 51/2 from the bottom. When you fold it up it fits into a regular envelope. I cut some strips out of daffodil DSP for the outside edges. For the inside I cut certainly celery to fit (4x21/4), then I cut white at 33/4x2. I stamped the tree off to the side in chocolate chip. Then I stamped the celery leaves. I made the flowers using the boho punch. I placed them in the palm of my hand and pushed down the center using the eraser end of a pencil to get them to pop up. I added small pearl to the center of each flower. The ribbon is the wide daffodil stripe. The frame is from a new set available only this month then not again until July called Four Frames. I stamped it in chocolate chip, added thinking of you from sincere salutations (use s stampin' jig to get it straight).Then I colored the bird with sahara sand regal rose markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...