Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Snowman Petal Cone Box


I think this is one of the cutest thing I have ever made. I love snowmen. Making one out of paper is about as close as I get to them because I live in the south. Not much snow in Memphis! I made his body out of the petal cone die. After I cut the two shapes out of whisper white I scored and cut 11/2 inches off the bottom. There are several videos on youtube on how to do this if you need a visual other than the one above. I flipped the box over to make his body. You can still put light weight treats inside. I sponged over all the edges in marina mist, added 2 marina mist paper buttons (Boho Blossom punch), and taped on some marina mist dotted ribbon. His head is a 21/2 circle punch with another half circle cut out of Just Add Cake striped paper for his hat. Then I sponged marina mist around that. I added a 23/4x1/4 band- corner rounded then sponged in marina mist. The ball on the hat is the largest flower from the Boho blossom punch, sponged. I tied a mini jingle bell on some white twine and attached it with a glue dot. His black eyes are punched from the small circle in the itty bitty shapes pack highlighted with a white gel pen. His pumpkin pie nose is a petal from the medium boho blossom punch cut out squiggly and sponged with pumpkin pie. I used a black marker to add his mouth (freehand), then I used a dauber to add the pretty in pink cheeks. I used red sticky tape to attach his head to his body.

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adoreable! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your snowman! As so as I have a chance I will be making my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowman and loved looking at your site. Wish I was there to take a class tonight!!!! Love gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...I do love your snowman; how creative & thank you for sharing how you did this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...