Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nature Walk Butterfly Card

As usual, this is the fourth attempt at this card. My advice to new stampers is find something you like and copy it exactly. The more you try to change the longer it takes. I almost tossed the entire card! 2 hours later...

Sets: Nature Walk, Curvy Verses
Cardstock: tempting turquoise, very vanilla
Ink: black stazon, tempting turquoise, not quite navy, crumb cake
Accessories: sponge, vanilla narrow grosgrain ribbon, big shot, framed tulips and dotted embossing folders, crystal effects, markers in tempting turquoise and old olive, blender pen

I sponged around every edge in crumb cake to give it an aged look. I used a blender pen on the ink pad to color the butterfly. Then I covered the butterfly with crystal effects. I decided to leave the paper sideways after I dropped it and it landed like that. It gave the card a very interesting look. I used marker on rubber to do the flowers. After several attempts this card really did turn out beautiful. And not a drop of pink on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...