Monday, August 9, 2010

VINTAGE VOUGUE


One of the things that makes this card so pretty is the shine. After I embossed the Whisper White Card Stock using the Big Shot and the Petals-A-Plenty folder,  I went over the dots with a Daffodil  Delight marker. Then I used a Dauber and a bit of White Shimmer Paint on top of each flower. It only took a minute and the shimmer effect is beautiful! The flowers are from Vintage Vogue with a Circle Fire Brad in the center of each,  popped up with a Dimensional. I cut the Certainly Celery leaves using the Big Shot and the Little Leaves Die. I sponged around the saying from On Your Birthday,  punched with the Extra Large Oval Punch,  and used a dimensional to pop it up.

If  you want to create the oval in the center of the embossing it is pretty simple if you follow this layering technique: top of the platform (close all tabs), cardboard oval frame, folder with the card stock inside, then 1 cutting pad. To make the oval I cut an oval using the Oval Scallop Frame Die out of card stock. Using the center oval,  I traced it onto the center of a piece of 41/4x51/2 cardboard (from a Designer Series Paper package) and cut it out by hand. This will work with any Stampin' UP! embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...