Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sweet Soiree Birthday Cards

Yes, these are cards! These hanging cards fold up for mailing and are so fun to pull out of the envelope. I used the Sweet Soiree Embellishment kit which made them super easy. I am definitely ordering more of these kits. I still have lots of pieces left for more card making! Even the little tassels are in the kit.

First I cut three pieces of card stock using the largest scallop frame. The pink cake is mounted on old olive. The yellow cake is mounted on marina mist. Then I cut three of the next size down scallop squares in whisper white. I stamped the words from the Cake Soiree stamp set in berry bliss on the top piece. I laid a strip of the silver washi tape from the kit on the bottom square then stamped more words in berry bliss from Cake Soiree. 

To assemble the cards I cut four 2 inch pieces of silver ribbon and taped them on the front of the colored squares. The top loop is 5 1/2 inches, also taped to the front but remember to slip the tassle on first. Then I tape the white scallop squares on top of the colored scallop squares sandwiching the ribbon ends between the two layers.

Last, I used dimensionals to adhere the cake and flowers from the kit. I slipped the velum pieces under these with just a little adhesive on the ends that went under the flowers.

Super easy and super fast! Now I need to design some cards using the rest of the pieces from the kit. 

Please click on any of the pictures below to shop for these items in my store. Thank you! 

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...